We are looking for an organized and experienced medical biller to join our organization. The medical biller will be responsible for transferring patient and insurance information and initiating payment processes and procedures. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in billing software, medical insurance regulations, and an expert at responding to patient and insurance inquiries. The medical biller will also be responsible for maintaining patient confidentiality, handling personal information, and accurately inputting patient data into the system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform completion of claims to payers
- Conduct duties in a professional and timely fashion
- Submit billing data to the appropriate insurance providers
- Process claims
- Resolve denial instances
- Achieve maximum reimbursement for services provided
- Deploy, maintain and report on various programs
- Conduct audits
- Effective communication skills
- Basic computer skills, such as sending emails, typing, and using spreadsheets
- Interact virtually with clients and patients
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Work independently
- Collaborate well with others
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree in accounting, health care administration, finance, business, or related field preferred
- Two (2) years' previous experience as a medical biller or in a related healthcare administrative position
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed; able to work without supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel); working knowledge of billing software a plus
- Strong customer service skills and comfortable answering both patient and insurance company questions
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Paid vacation after the first year along with paid sick.
- Retirement Plan with Match after the first year.
- Recommended Chiropractic care included.
- Discount on Supplements.
- Fitness Center Access.